Members of The Highland Council’s City of Inverness Area Committee have approved £320,000 Inverness Common Good Funding to enable the staging of the following events that are planned for 2017:
• Inverness Highland Games at Bught Park on 15 July
• Inverness Gala at Northern Meeting Park on 16 July
• Halloween Events at Ness Islands 28 – 29 October
• Fireworks Display and Bonfire at Bught Park on 4 November
• Christmas Lights switch on at the City Centre and “Ding Dong Merrily on High” at Old High Church on 19 November
• Winter Wonderland at Whin Park 15 -17 December
• Red Hot Highland Fling at Northern Meeting Park on 31 December.
Provost and Leader of Inverness and Area Cllr Helen Carmichael said: “The Events and Festivals Programme has helped to expand the tourism market in Inverness, particularly in the winter months particularly with the Red Hot Highland Fling which is a firmly established New Year / Hogmanay event in Scotland.
“I would like to thank the Events and Festivals Working Group and the Events Manager for their year-on-year work in delivering events in Inverness that entertain and delight tens of thousands of visitors annually.”
[ view entry ]